I still cannot believe that today is the last day of the month, and we are entering the month of September! What makes it more sad is that summer is coming to an end soon! My husband and I have been trying to spend as much time as we can catching those sunshine rays while they last. While doing so, there are some items that I have been finding myself using a lot this month. Keep reading for some raves on my faves, August edition!
1. Henri Bendel Candles and Metal Lids: One easy way in making your home have that cozy-feel are candles! I love relaxing at home with some candles lit. My August favorites were two from Henri Bendel. What I love about Henri Bendel candles is their scent-mixing and matching booklet. Their booklet provides you many different varieties of candle scents that work great together. This was a great guide. I bought Fig and Mint Julep. The scent they create when both are lit is amazing!! I also purchased the candle lids. When using the candles, I typically place the candle on top of the lid for a pretty display. The lids are versatile and we found that they can be used on a lot of other candles as stands or even on top after blowing the candle out.
2. Tangle Teezer: Can I say goodbye tangles?! I love using this brush especially after a shower. It gently brushes through my hair while smoothing out all the tangles. The bristles are very flexible which helps from pulling on the hair. I find myself using it a lot towards the bottom of my hair rather than all over. However, when I do want to use it all over the shape of the brush makes it really easy to grip. I find it fits perfectly into my hand..
3. MAC Global Glow Mineralize Skin Finish: Gold shimmer on gold shimmer on gold shimmer honey! I absolutely love wearing gold tones in the summer. This product is a must-have to achieve that golden bronzed summer look. I personally use this product as a highlighter on my face but it can be worn everywhere on the body.
4. MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush: This is not only an August favorite, but really a summer favorite of mine! This coral blush has a gold undertone with of course light gold shimmer mixed in. I love paring it up with the Global Glow mentioned above.
5. Lippies: My favorite lippies of the month are all MAC lipsticks. IM-PASSIONED is probably my favorite. I call this my daytime red lipstick because it’s not too bold to wear during the day like most red lipsticks. The color is definitely in the red family with a pink undertone. It is more subtle, and I typically refer to it as a watermelon red which is perfect for a summer look. I also have been wearing a lot of orange-based lipsticks this summer. MORANGE is more of a true orange. It’s a fun color to wear and a great switch from wearing the typical bold red lip. It is also a great color for all skin tones. I have also been loving SUSHI KISS by Mac. This is a softer orange. It looks beautiful on the lip and is such a great summer color.
6. Birkenstocks: I call these shoes “ugly-cute”. You’ve probably noticed that Birkenstocks were quite trendy this summer. I was on the hunt for the gold metallic ones but unfortunately I cannot find them. I did end up purchasing these in navy and I really love them. They are extremely comfortable and they have become my go-to shoes this summer.
7.Urban Decay Naked Flushed – Strip Palette: What I love about this palette is it’s versatility! I purchased this palette at the beginning of the summer and I use it all the time, especially for work. There are a couple of different versions of this palette. The one that I have is the Strip palette. The colors are a bit darker compared to the other palettes and it also has more of a mauve vibe. I found that this combination of colors go great with my complexion. This palette is a trio of a bronzer, a highlighter and a blush. They are extremely pigmented and blend beautifully together. All three colors also have shimmer which is perfect for a summer look. I also love the packaging; it’s small and perfect for on-the-go travel.
8. Essie – Play Date: I have been wearing this color on my nails almost everyday this summer! It is such a beautiful purple shade. I randomly came across it at the nail salon and purchased them right away!
9. EOS – Lemon Drop: Who doesn’t love EOS products?! If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with lip balm. I seriously collect lip balms and have a box with so many different ones. But I think that is a blog post for another day. I love the EOS lip balms, especially Lemon Drop. I love everything lemon flavored – from my cleaning products to my candles. So you can imagine how excited I got when I came across this little gem. I actually have gone through two of these this summer and it looks like I may be needing another one soon!
10. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate: It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is; you better be exfoliating that face girlfriend! I bought this product when I first moved to Chicago in the winter. I typically use it once a week and it has lasted me quite a while. The beads are pretty small and I found that I don’t get much redness after I use it. I apply a small amount and rub in a circular motion all over my face and neck. I let it sit on my face for about a minute or two before washing it off.
That’s it for my August faves! I hope you enjoyed it! See you next time loves!